So here’s one of the small things that are kind of bugging me big time…
I wrote a little about this situation here It helps with background information of a certain situation that I am about to give further detail on. Gist is this: I was friends on facebook with a certain individual who later bashed me on that very same media outlet for a reason that my husband caused….. Which at the time was no big deal because drama loves drama.. I’m really not into keeping drama alive so I cut my losses..
But here’s the thing:..
What exactly do you do when someone you know keeps interacting with that person… And that person (ie my husband) was the one that caused the drama in the first place?
This is an awkward situation that is impossible to really describe without giving some details…
So here’s my attempt at bullet listing the good stuff
- Husband asks shipmate why his wife has to be so dramatic on facebook
- wife publicly bashes me on facebook and then unfriends me
- Life is pretty darn peaceful because I didn’t have to see or deal with her drama (sorry other support group peeps) We see each other once at a boat function and say hello… but that’s happily all we have to deal with each other.
- Support group peeps essentially ostracize her for her drama and they want nothing to do with her.
- Friend on the boat asks my daughter to be in their wedding… they happen to be friends with drama wife
- Bachlorette party all support group peeps ignore drama wife. That makes me sad so I am friendly to her (turn the other cheek and all right?)
- Drama wife tells me how she talks to my husband all the time as our husbands have duty together (wait what.. *eye twitch) Apparently he always comments on her shoes and hair… Husband upon questioning says she stops by every duty day to chill with her husband.. and him apparently since he happens to be around.
- Wedding happens.. It was beautiful.. Apparently drama wife and I have at least developed friendly terms
- All night long husband talks essenantly about her. How he pities her and wants to know IN DEPTH my opinion of her. That wedding had me upset for many reasons.. but this was honestly icing on the cake (another post in and of itself)
- More drama with wife happens, but since I stay away from most peeps associated with the boat I am blessed to stay out of it.
- For some odd reason the married friend posted something on drama friend’s facebook, and it showed up on my feed. When I highlighted to see what mutual friends we had in common.. among them was my husband…
Now I know that this probably a petty thing to be REALLY upset about… I could look beyond the fact that he gives her comments. That’s just being polite and I am no exception of the doing the same when I was in social settings with her.. There is, however, a big difference between pleasantries.. and straight up what the fuck.. <~ for lack of a better term right now…
I could look past the public rant on facebook because I could understand that she’s just a person who immerses herself in drama. But my own husband FRIENDING her on facebook, hanging out with her and wanting to talk about her is three shades of what the hell. I dunno if I feel violated because he didn’t stand up for me (well not stand up but at least stay away from the drama whenever possible) or violated because he wants me to like her (what I gathered from the wedding talk ALL NIGHT LONG) or what… I really don’t know why this bothers me.. but it does.. Every time she is mentioned I recoil.. If anyone was to be considered my nemesis I consider it her…which leads to me thinks that I’m really just being petty and I’m just blowing this out of proportion.. After all.. being friends on facebook means virtually nothing other than you kind of know someone.. if he was messaging her repeatedly or something.. then yeah that’s a clear violation…
I suppose I’m really angry because in my mind I feel mad that not only did he cause this issue for me to publicly bashed on facebook, but he apparently got away with it scot free (per usual but then again that’s another rant in and of itself). There was no blame to this situation ever put on his shoulders.. It was me… and why would you want to talk and “be friends” with someone who bashed the person you suppposidly love? It just really angers me that this is something has to be asked…